4 CYLINDER RULES
AGES 13 and UP
REAR WHEEL & FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
No Expressed Or Implied Warranty Of Safety Shall Result From Publication Of Or Compliance With These Rules. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others. By choosing to participate at the Mt. Pleasant Speedway you will agree not to sue the promoter or any of its employees for any damages to injuries that may occur by racing or being on the property.
- MANDATORY – APPROVED HELMETS, FULL FIRE SUIT, NECK BRACE AND GLOVES.
- ROLL CAGE – Minimum 1 ½” O.D. tubing. Minimum wall thickness (090). Loop behind driver. One horizontal bar minimum on passenger side. NO Exceptions.
No bars outside of car. No square tubing.
Three door bars in driver’s door minimum. 18” x 24” x 1/8” plate in driver’s door and behind seat. Welds must be good and will be checked. 1” x 1” square tube for rub rails. End must be cut on angle and capped. All cars must have a petty bar.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER with gauge within reach of driver, mounted for easy removal. DO NOT duct tape or zip tie.
- FUEL CELL – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- FIRE WALL between driver and fuel cell. Just covering tank is NOT allowed.
- PROTECTIVE SCREEN OR WINDSHIELD WITH THREE BARS.
- RACING SEAT IS MANDATORY!
- MANDATORY – Racing seat belts 3” five point harness with crotch strap. Must be securely fastened to cage.
- ALL OTHER RULES SUPPLIED BY TRACK APPLY.
- NO BOXING-IN OF DRIVER’S COMPARTMENT.
CARS & MINI TRUCKS (SHORT BOX)
- ANY 4 – cylinder vehicle as supplied by American Manufacturer. NO sports cars. Maximum wheel base 103”. NO Vans. NO Turbo’s, NO Rotary engines. Front or rear wheel drive allowed. 2500 cc max. We are allowing foreign cars.
- ALL Glass, head lamps, tail lamps and side lights MUST be removed. ALL interior carpets, headliner & extra seats must be removed. Steering column may be moved to side. Racing shaft & steering wheel okay
- Grills may be removed and replaced with sheet metal between hood and bumper.
Gravel shields and radiator supports may be removed.
- Cutting of suspension is allowed. NO outboard shocks or tower shocks (stock appearing).
Springs may be heated. Stock suspension for make, year and body style of car. Lowering blocks okay, Stock shocks only. NO overload shocks. NO adjustable shocks. No cutting or welding of suspension parts allowed, must remain stock (trailing and control arms). No adjustable spring shackles.
- MANDATORY – Manufactured bumpers. A round bar behind rear only, Maximum 2”. NO fabricated bumpers allowed. NO bars above or below bumper, front or rear. NO box, channel or angle behind bumper.
- D.O.T. APPROVED Street tires, 8” tread maximum. NO trimming or cutting side tread except to groove.
American Racer 215/60 D13 or 14 okay. No Hoosiers.
***WHEELS OPTIONAL. 13” & 14” rims can be mixed for stagger and handling. 15” wheels will be allowed for safety and clearance of disc brakes. Maximum 8” steel wheels.
RACE WHEELS ON RIGHT SIDE OF CAR ARE MANDATORY. LARGE RACING LUG NUTS ON ALL WHEELS.
- ALL interior sheet metal can be removed except rear fender wells.
- NO ALTERATIONS to frame or frame motor mounts. Strengthening of original frame is okay.
Can tie front and rear frames. NO removing of floor pans, NO off-setting. Front clip must remain stock, if damaged beyond repair it MUST be replaced.
- ALL cars must be painted with numbers on BOTH doors and roof. Drivers name and numbers MUST be a minimum of 16” high.
- NO Wings of any type, NO cow catchers. 2″ SPOILER MAXIMUM ALLOWED. NO ALUMINUM BODIES.
- Damaged sheet metal can be replaced with fabricated metal but must appear stock. Must be steel. All sheet metal must be replaced including; Wheel housing, trunk, floors, etc. When removed.
- All cars must maintain a satisfactory appearance throughout the racing season. NO CRASHED JUNK! All bodies must be steel.
- Pick-up Truck Boxes MUST be covered.
MOTORS / TRANSMISSIONS / REAR ENDS
- MAXIMUM of 4 cylinders. Not to exceed 2500cc and must be stock. Make to make motors for vehicle being used. NO modifications to motor to fit stock mounts in stock position.
EXAMPLE: Iron Duke may replace Vega motor if NO modifications are needed to motor or mounts.
- NO PROGRAMERS.
- Headers are allowed
- Stock intake okay. NO modifications allowed. NO re-drilling of bolt holes to head or carburetors. Solid cams allowed. No roller motors.
STOCK HYDROLIC CAM SHAFT ONLY.
- Advance in distributor may be locked.
- ***One carburetor for car, ANY carburetor, 2 barrel only. 4412 ALLOWED BUT MUST BE UNALTERED! NO side draft, NO special built high performance carburetors or nitrous oxide.
- ALL parts must remain stock as supplied by manufacturer.
- NO interchanging parts from 6 cylinder or V8 engines to 4 cylinder motors.
- NO interchanging parts of one manufacturer to another.
- 3, 4 and 5 speed transmissions or automatic allowed for make of car.
EXAMPLE: Ford transmission cannot be used in Chevrolet.
- Stock flywheel and clutch assembly as supplied by manufacturer.
- Electric fuel pumps and regulators are allowed. MUST have an emergency shut-off switch. Switch must be accessible to the Safety Crew.
- Rear ends may be locked.
- Stock rear ends for make of car being used, same bolt pattern front to rear. NO interchanging Ford to Chevy, etc.
- NO CHAMBERED REARENDS.
- ***MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY AND MUST BE WELDED ON. Maximum 1 ¾” exhaust pipe.
100 decibel. Exhaust must exit behind driver.
- ALL engines on exterior must be stock appearing for make of car being used.
- MANDATORY – tow hooks front and rear
- MANDATORY – DRIVESHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE. IT MUST HAVE A METAL STRAP OR CHAIN ON THE FORWARD 1/3 OF THE SHAFT TO PREVENT IT FROM DROPPING ONTO THE TRACK.
- BATTERIES MUST be in approved steel box. Only one battery per car. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment of car.
- All 4 brakes MUST work
- No shutoffs
- No adjusters
- No emergency brakes
- No cutting or welding of rear suspension. No adjustable rear suspension,